Try out our exceptional Chesterfield Inn chocolate mousse recipe. It is easy and sure to please!
- 1 1/4 lbs. Dark, semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 oz. Unsalted butter
- 4 oz. Sugar
- 10 Eggs separated, room temperature
- 2 cups Heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dark Rum (Myers)
- 3/4 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate and butter together until just barely melted. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Beat 1/2 of the sugar with the egg yolks until mixture is light and creamy and doubled in volume.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks, while still beating, gradually add remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Whip cream to stiff peaks.
- Fold chocolate/butter mixture into yolks, and then fold in whipped cream, rum and vanilla.
- Gently fold in whites to retain as much volume as possible.
- Chill to set.
Makes 15 portions. Enjoy this wonderful recipe in your home or ours. Join us for romantic getaways in New Hampshire and enjoy exceptional breakfast and ultimate pampering in our top rated inn.