All You Have to Do is Get Here
Planning a getaway shouldn’t be stressful, so we did the hard work for you. Peruse this custom designed itinerary for the ultimate New Hampshire retreat. All you need to do is choose your favorite room, take some time off of work, and come get lost in a New England fairy tale.
- Check in and settle into your comfortable room.
- Relax and explore the property – our grounds are gorgeous in the summer!
- Have a drink on the terrace before dinner.
- Indulge in dinner on the terrace or in the candlelit dining room.
- Savor a delicious breakfast cooked to order in the dining room or delivered to your room.
- Explore the shops and galleries on Brattleboro’s Main Street.
- Pick up a picnic lunch at Porch Cafe on Putney Road and take it with you to the water. (Tip: Make sure you get there by noon so you don’t have to wait in a long line.)
- Rent a canoe or kayak at Vermont Canoe Touring Center and paddle the Connecticut or West River.
- Unwind with dinner and beer tasting on the river at the Whetstone Station in Brattleboro.
- Wake up to a steaming cup of Green Mountain coffee and enjoy breakfast at the inn.
- Set out in the warm morning sun and hike the Madame Sherri Forest and see Indian Pond and the Madame Sherri ruins.
- Take a drive to Walpole along River Road. Marvel at the expansive views and quaint country dairy farms.
- Enjoy lunch at Burdick’s in Walpole. (Tip: Be sure to make a reservation!)
- Buy some chocolate mice to take home.
- Drive 10 minutes north to Rockingham to the Vermont Country Store for a walk down memory lane.
- Make your way to Chester, VT and shop at the Stone House Antiques Center.
- Enjoy dinner at the inn.
- Watch the sun go down in the Adirondack chairs at dusk as the fireflies come out. Savor some Summer Berry Crisp.
- Indulge in a sweet and savory breakfast at the inn. Enjoy hot coffee, fresh baked muffins, choice of eggs any style, omelets, pancakes, maple cinnamon French toast, homefries, bacon, sausage, ham and more.
- Hike Chesterfield Gorge.
- Visit Keene Main Street shops for one last outing in town. Pick out a souvenir to bring home and to remember your New Hampshire getaway by.
- Check out at 11:00am.
Unique Shopping Near the Inn
- Country Store
- Whimsical gifts
- Chocolate mice (a New Hampshire classic!)
- And more!
Sign up for Our Newsletter
Be the first to hear about our upcoming specials, packages, events, and more!